1861-1877 Solano Avenue, Berkeley
The Oaks Theatre Building for Sale
(Historical Berkeley Landmark)
- ± 21,578 sq. ft. building
- ± 16,329 sq. ft. parcel per county title records
- ± 16,000 sq. ft. movie theater with balcony
- Approximately 1,000 seat capacity, with two screens
- Potential to convert to ± 4 screens
- Theater is approved for quick serve restaurant with beer/wine
- 5 retail spaces; 5 offices (upstairs over retail)
- Steps away from Noah’s Bagels, Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Starbucks, Cactus Taqueria, Troy Greek Cuisine, Ajanta, Zachary’s Pizza, Khana Peena Indian Cuisine, Safeway, iScream!, Greetings, Pegasus Books, Wells Fargo Bank, Mechanics Bank, Chase Bank, US Post Office and more
At the upper end of Solano Avenue, in a vibrant commercial business district, the magnificent Oaks Theatre sits alongside numerous restaurants, coffee shops, banks and retail stores. Walk through doors and step into another era of time. Observe the beautiful interior space – the ornate entry with ticket booth, concession stand and the antique projector on display. Wood and stylized details reveal a glorious past.
The Oaks Theatre is the oldest building on upper Solano Avenue, in Berkeley’s Thousand Oaks district, according to the Berkeley Architectural Heritage Association (BAHA).
It was designated an historical Berkeley landmark in 2006.